If you have been named as an executor/administrator of an estate by your loved one, you were obviously well-regarded and would want to carry out their expectations. However, most likely you have not done this before. We help minimize the time and expense involved, and ensure that all legal requirements are met in carrying out the wishes of the deceased.
We begin by explaining your unique responsibilities as an executor and guide you through the various steps from the initial probate of the Will to the final distributions to the beneficiaries. Although we could personally handle every step for you along the way, in the interest of controlling costs we work with you to share certain responsibilities as your time and comfort would allow.
Specifically, we can assist with all aspects of estate administration, including:
- Probate of the Will
- Prepare Federal and State Estate Tax Returns and Inheritance Tax Returns
- Distribution of Property in accordance with the Will
- Post-mortem Tax Planning
- Prepare Estate & Trust Accountings
- Representation in informal and formal settlements of accountings
- IRS and New Jersey tax audit representation for estates and trusts